Clay, that is very upsetting to read that has happened.  I hope that our
English friends don't think that is an accepted action for Americans.  We
get the same things over here from other counties and its just not right at
all.  Everyone should be cautious and concerned about something like this.
I wonder where she got your friend's name or way to contact her if she did
not belong to the list, or even know she was into doing lace?  Sure leaves
for lots of questions, but I know that there are those that take advantage
of others in just such a way, what a very big shame it is too.

I am just starting to do lace, and have been on the list a good while
lurking.  My SIL and I are trying to learn bobbin lace, and Susie is way
ahead of me, already doing some beginning lace.  I have just gotten my first
pillow and bobbins set up.  I now have to get the courage to start.  I keep
reading and studying about it, wanting to do edgings for different projects.
I read Annette's post on the working hands-up and I have a drafting table I
am going to try to use.  It has several positions I can place it in that
puts the pillow at an angle.  I am excited about that.

I enjoy the links I get from this list, and it has helped me a lot.  Thanks,
Margrett