At a Canberra craft fair last week, I purchased a couple of
hanks of a variegated yarn 60% cotton, 40% viscose in
wonderful colours.   It's called Vittoria, from Filatura di
Crosa in Italy, each hank has about 1,400 metres, and
the thread thickness is about equivalent to Bockens 40/2
(22 wpc).  It has a lovely silky look to it.

I'd like to make a deep Torchon edge around a square of
linen.  Question is, what sort of patterns best suit variegated
yarn?   Cloth stitch or half stitch diamonds/trails?   Big or
little spiders?   I would think it would have to be very
simple, a "busy" pattern would be lost in variegated.

Anyone got any experience in this?

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/