Jeri Ames wrote:

Lace Ladies in Germany - How can we impress upon you that we appreciate your
laces and lace research very much and want to read about them? Because the
books are not in English, it is even difficult to review the books.

I do understand the problem, but the problem is naturally also the other way around. Not all German, French and Dutch people do read English and almost no English book has a translation in German, French or another language in it.
The latest books of the Deutsch Klöppelverband as well as the latest ones of the LOKK (Dutch) have English translations in it.
There is of course always a way to read or understand lace books. One of my first lace books was the book of Salle Johanson in Swedish. My Swedish isn't that well that I could read a lace book, but the diagrams were excellent so I could learn the Swedish terms from the diagrams. And for the rest I used an dictionary. The same was with the first book of Eva-Liisa Kortelathi, which was only in Finnish. With help of a dictionary and a finnish collegue I could make the laces. Sp when you really want to read a book about a subject you are interested in, use a good dictionary and the now available lacedictionary to help you translate the specific lace terms. On the internet there are also translation machines, which can help you.

Succes in the lacebooks in other parts of the world in other languages.

Gon Homburg
from a sunny Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Ps. The h in Withof is to be pronounced inDutch.