Hello Tamara,

I try to help you. I have the book and I know this "astuce". I use it.
It's not a exact translation, I not able to do it.

it' the tie gimp.

With you can close your ground or just use 1 gimp. You don't need to add
a pair. (it's why she use the word a pair)

1) If your ground is left and you gimp right (like in the picture) you put a pin
right. You gimp wait. You can do in the over direction.

2) Pass you gimp through the bobbins you need to do your ground. wait in
left. Work your bobbins to make your ground.
Pass you gimp to right. Now it turn around your ground.

3) Pass the gimp under itself to make a loop. Remove you pin.  Grip the
gimp in 2 times. First with left hand like picture A, second with the gimp
bobbin and right hand like picture B. Last picture is what is bad, gimp not
tight.

I hope my explanations can help you. This book is difficult to,understand in
french too!!I study Bayeux lace with a woman who help to do this book :
Florence Quinette. I am better in Bayeux lace than in English!!

Dentellez bien

Sof

Destinataire:           lace Arachne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Expéditeur:             "Tamara P. Duvall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Objet:                  [lace] A "loopy" question
Date d'envoi:           Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:53:27 -0400
Réponse à:              "Tamara P. Duvall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>