Hi everyone

This is about the book on Austria-lace.

Margot wrote:

>I found that the patterns did not fit my conception of Art Nouveau's

I thought so, too, then after reading the text finally decided that
the flowing styles do fit the period, coming from the Austrian
point-of-view to be sure.

Arne wrote:

>I must say that it really is amazing what you can do with 3 or 4 pairs

And how wide! It's all in the number of twists. I am absolutely
fascinated with this lace, especially the edgings. The 'guipure' styles,
with many bobbins - I'd like to try those too.

I was just looking through my copy quickly as I thought there was
reference to Dagobert Peche, and an illustration - did not see it right
away (another book, perhaps, or I will need to look more carefully).

bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (west coast of Canada)
www.woodhavenbobbins.com