If you're buying plastic aquarium tubing to make a loop or two, this
same tubing makes fantastic crochet hook covers.  Snip a piece 1.5-2
inches long and shove it over the hook.  I use different colors to help
me remember which hook is which.  The plastic stretches enough to form a
tight bond on the hook that doesn't fall off.

Cathy Belleville,

In Los Altos California where we're "enjoying" our first storm of the
year.