I have a funny little story to tell.  Remember last year when I finished the
tatted ornament book I had mentioned that I was going to finish the animal
bookmark book?  I have been working away on it this year. The Friday Morning
Lacemakers had a pool going on when I would start yet another book before I
finished the bookmark book.  You see the bookmark book was started about four years
ago and was set aside to produce 3 other books.

In September I had announced that the bookmark book was on its way to
completion, however there were more ideas and works in progress to start a new book.
LOL.  There it was, I had already started a new book before the old was
completely done.

Funny how people get to know you.  Well, if you would like to see the
finished book, it is at
www.domesticarts.com/Books/Animal1.htm
It is called:  Animal Bookmarks, A Tatted Zoo.  The follow up book will be:
More Animal Bookmarks, The Zooquel.

The book has 60 pages and 15 patterns, 5 featured designers, and lots of
color diagrams.  Many folks had (and have) asked what to do for their children or
men folk.  this was my answer to them.  The patterns cover various skill
levels from beginner to advanced.

I have also posted one of the patterns to my website.  The snake.  I rather
like him. The body is done in rings only, and the head is simply chained with
split ring eyes.  The picot is treated with a knot and cut to create a divided
tongue.
www.domesticarts.com/Patterns/snake.htm

Enjoy

Dianna Stevens