E mail photos are usually very low pixel rate (72 pixels per inch) they will not print out too well.

The theory is that pixels over 200 per inch are a waste of time for a lot of printers even though they talk about 720 per inch as an ability to print at. There are technical arguments that I do not understand surmounting these statements.

If you are going to take them to a print shop for printing on photpaper/chemicals etc, then it is worth getting high pixels per inch.

The size of high pixel per inch pictures can be VERY large indeed. I find that 300 pixels per inch seems to be pretty good at the 6 inch by 5 inch size. I occasionally double this size "just in case".

Brian and Jean from Cooranbong Australia