On Oct 29, 2004, at 7:01, Pene Piip wrote:

My UK Lace #116 arrived today.

Something to look forward to next week :)

One thing I have to get somehow, is the 2005 Calendar. The theme is
titled "Friends Around the World".  Patterns come from many countries
around the world, including Australia & Estonia!!

And very nice they are too, esp the Claire Burkhard one (Menschen), which is also the basis of the front cover, and pictured - in its entirety - on the back. But beware that the format is changed. For several years, I got the Lace Guild calendars and, being vertical, they fit, perfectly, on the outer upright of my puter desk. But, this calendar, though the same size as the old ones, is horizontal. Poses a whole lot of new problems in geometry for my two brain-cells... :)

And I can't use it as the household's main calendar (in the kitchen, where the space is *meant* to house a horizontal calendar), because we close our POs and banks at different times than UK does (for that same reason, I can't use the Polish calendar that my cousin sent me. Loverly costumes, but I'd rather have Martin Luther King than St John marked as a holiday <g>...)

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.