Hi everyone and Janice who asked about working with wool

I think tension is really important - not too much or the wool will sag
or spring back when the pins are removed, not too little or the design
will be lost. If you use the weight of the bobbins to advantage, such as
we do in honiton lace (again, not too heavy a bobbin or you'll have
trouble, and not too light or 'nothing' will happen). Maybe change the
angle of work, the type of pillow, the style of bobbin, to find a
combination that, with the yarn you have chosen gives the best result.
(in other words - you're on your own?!). A bookmark I tried, in firmly
spun, very fine, almost wire-like singles wool, spun by a friend using a
drop spindle, looked uneven when off the pillow, but responded to damp
pressing. That might help your wool scarf.

My bookmark was meant to look crisp - it was actually a silly exercise,
because it would have been better to make it in cotton - but the challenge
was there...

Recently I tried a wool/acrylic 'quilting' thread - the results were
fine, using my usual BL bobbins, pillow etc., in a small sample, a mostly
CTC piece.

bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (foggy west coast of Canada, perfect day for
lacing..indoors)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com