Our group was recently asked to put a lace display in our local museum.
Turned out they kept the display for two months.  That was a pain because
half my equipment was there..like bobbin winder etc.
Anyway, I have a warning for those of you who do this sort of thing.  Check
out the museum thoroughly.  I thought my lace would be quite safe since
everything was in glass cases.  This turned out not to be true.  When it was
hot the museum had their doors opened, when it was cold they closed them.
Overnight or when the museum wasn't open, there was no heat.  Well, the
climate change in the museum was extreme enough that in one display case
things got so damp that the dye from a blue cardboard jewlery box ran and
spread through two layers of my antique tablecloth.  The cloth is now
permanently stained.  In addition to this there was also mould growing in
the case..not much, but it was there when you really looked.  Needless to
say, I'll be much more careful before putting lace out again..if I ever do.
Sharon  on very soggy Vancouver Island