I must say, I'm always surprised when I meet lacemakers from other parts of
Australia, to find out how many are members of Arachne, but who never
contribute anything!

At the last conference of the Australian Lace Guild, I was asked by the
Secretary of the Guild to chair a meeting of Arachne members one evening.  I
was very surprised to see how many people were there, and how reluctant members
were to write a short report of our conference for all you unfortunate people
who couldn't be there!

One lady commented:  "I've never posted on Arachne, and I'm not going to start
now"!!

Eventually, as you will remember, I did get a couple of brave souls who agreed
to write a small report, and if I remember correctly, there *were* interested
comments back from those of you living outside Australia.

Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

Elizabeth Ligeti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Woody - you have Lots of knowledge
to impart. Don't be so
modest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)) :))
And there must be others in Tasmania also on the List that we have not heard
from.

Tell us what is going on in Tasmania. You people are always saying that you
are the forgotten folks - well, now is your chance to beat your own

For those not good at geography - Tasmania is the little heart-shaped island
at the bottom of Australia. It has areas of great beauty, awesome ancient
forests, - and a lot of very good lacemakers!
Lets hear from some of them!

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz, where it is a hot day today.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com