I'm sure Annette is right about the possible delay being within Pipers -
waiting for new stock to come, for example.  It is common practice here for
mail
purchases to come with the rider "Allow 28 days for delivery".  Things are
certainly not being sent out on packhorse :-)  It simply alows minor delays to
be
incorporated into the routine without special letters of the type "Sorry for
the delay.  This item is temporarily out of stock but should be with us within
a week."  having to be sent out.  It also stops customers phoning up to find
out why they haven't received their order by return of post.   Most things I
have odered come long before the 28 days rider.

Patricia in Wales