On Nov 22, 2004, at 20:59, Jane Viking Swanson wrote:

I'm happy to report that I have the poster from the 2000 OIDFA Lace
Congress in Sweden on my kitchen wall!! I won it in Ithaca some years ago
(I think Radmilla Zuman donated it, thanks!). It looks great and I'm so
happy to have some lace there. Especially since I will be spending a lot of
time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving and I love having something of my real
self in there <G>.

My lacemaking "station" is in the eating area of the kitchen (good light, and close to the tea-makings. It also allows me to keep an eye on the stove and the dishwasher). And I collect mugs with lace motifs/guild logos, though they don't get much of an airing, since I use glasses for tea - Polish style.

But my favourite "lace in the kitchen" items are the fridge magnets; I only wish they were more popular/more easily available... I've made some myself (a sticker on a sheet of magnetic "something", and pieces of lace within a plastic frame with a magnet), but those tend to end up being given away, while gifted/bought ones tend to er... "stick around" better...

Lucky you with your poster; putting a new hole in a wall/cabinet side takes months of marital negotiations in our household (not that there's much room left - DH collects prints <g>)...
---
Tamara P Duvall http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
Lexington, Virginia, USA (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)