some linen thread at that time too. I know that some of it is 140/2, which, I believe, is not made anymore. Am I right in thinking that I should save that thread for when I know what I'm doing? And, if so, what is a good thread to begin with? Cotton, I'm guessing, but what size?
Sherri Butler

Definitely save the fine linen for a project later on.

Do you have a book you are working from? If so, what thread does it recommend - let us know and we will tell you where to buy it, or an alternative thread if that one is no longer available?

Where do you live? Is there a lacemaker near you?
Sue Babbs