ello Janet and everyone
Alas no Aladdin's cave of lace supplies, but I do have my tote box of
bobbins...and a couple of us know where to buy the best thread...and
chocolate, fabrics, and other cool stuff. Send me a p-m (private message).
There is an exhibit relating to women's history in Victoria, 1850 - 1920
on at Maltwood Gallery at UVic.
Check it out here:
http://www.cura.uvic.ca/projects/art_gender/events.html
There is also a virtual tour that, once you find it, is quite good. The
trick is to find it. I didn't bookmark it, and a quick google didn't help.
The several lacey
looking textiles are not shown in detail, but the virtual part is like
going around the exhibit from the camera-eye view ;)

When I locate it, I'll post again.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)