On Nov 27, 2004, at 14:05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jacquie Tinch) wrote (in response to Jo Falkink):

My problem when I have recently tried to photograph pieces of framed lace,
both with glass and (presumably) perspex or similar (as some were at Myth or
Mystery) is not the flash problem as my camera is clever enough to cope without
in all but atrocious light.

I had no problems with photographing lace-under-glass either, when I tried to - 18 months ago - at the Met. The camera has a setting called "BSS mode" ("best shot something" mode, though an Arachne friend calls it "bull s... mode <g>). It's meant for museums, uses no flash, and, if you hold your finger steady on the "shoot" button, it'll take 10 pictures, then choose and store only the best focused one (though, not necessarily, the best *composed* one; I tend to take many BSS photos of the same object <g>)

What I have the problem with is the reflections of all the surroundings including me and or the camera.

Somehow, I was able to *see* the reflections of the "environment" reflected in the camera viewfinder, before I took the photos. And either blocked it with my own body, or asked a taller someone (I'm 5'2" and shrinking) to do it for me for higher shots. Only the long-distance shots had traces of "lace, and someone looking at it". I don't know how to get rid of those...

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd