In a message dated 24/11/2004 15:40:58 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Oh, one silly question that I should probably wait for a book to ask but
> if you're making a lace edging, must it be fitted to the object it's
> intended
> to embellish? Or can one cut lengths of handmade lace edging? I suspect not!
> Sherri in GA

Like the other replies, I had a travel roller pillow that I used for
demonstrations (also because the baby travel bobbins were so cute and got
people
talking about their size).

I had, at one point over 10m of lace on the pillow and when a friend wanted
some lace, I offered to exchange what I had for something she had - she was
over the moon.

I've done this often now - given away the lace - it's about 2" wide, torchon
with rose ground (I love making rose ground for some reason) and I've given
over 26m of it away.

The Aussie wondered why I have virtually no lace of my own in the house,
because I like to give it away.

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back blogging my latest lace piece - have a look by clicking on the link
or going to http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee