Interesting . . . yes.

Last week I looked at some one hundred (or so) years old lacemaking
equipment in the Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford, and it seemed different.  The
bobbins and beads in the eBay picture look much more modern, somehow.
Indeed, I believe I have a few just like that, and they are certainly not
more than 15 or 20 years old at most.

I agree, I have a feeling there's a lot of 'selling by suggestion', as
Tamara pointed out.  Thanking Pat Hallam for her advice, but not telling us
what it actually was, leaves the seller open to the accusation that it could
have been "the only way you'd ever get the price you want for that is to
invent a romantic provenance".

Yours cynically,
Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.,
where my spare bedroom is 'unused' - as a bedroom,
but contains come quite new items, intended as Christmas presents).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19319&item=8152297019&rd=1