Good morning,
    Is there such a tool as a measuring transparency that if laid over a
pricking would tell you how many dots per inch/cm there are to help guide
you in thread selection?  Or am I making the measuring too big of a deal?

2nd question - is it ok on a small ornament pricking that is tape lace to
push your pins all the way down ?  I think the answer is yes because people
use cover cloths and clear material to cover their work.

3rd question - is there a technique for adding beads to a spot on an
ornament if I forgot to add them as I was going along?  I can't really back
track since there is a sewing between where I am now and the part where I'd
like to locate a bead.

Thanks a million,
Mary in Ann Arbor