In a message dated 18/12/2004 18:06:28 GMT Standard Time, Betty Ann  writes:

> I surely wasn't negating demonstrating lacemaking *anywhere* when I made my
> comment about doing so at "Craft Fairs."  I love being able to sit and make
> lace all day, have all the attention focused on my art, and enjoy
> conversations with the passer-bys. Lunch is usually included and sometimes I
> get a
> stipend for my travel expenses.

Betty Ann,

Neither was I, it's one of those things that you put up with about
demonstrating - the tatting lady, the sting people, the bet you could make
money at that
if you sold it etc in order to meet that one person who wants to make lace
and having seen you thinks it might ok to have a go.

I love making lace and I love showing people how to make lace - and chatting
to people - what could be better

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back blogging my latest lace piece - have a look by clicking on the link
or going to http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee