Hello Tamara and everyone

T. wrote:

> Of course, what a big wave of personalised stamps would do to the
stamp-collecting market boggles the mind <g> But it might be yet
another little "avenue" - in addition to wearing lace, demonstrating
it, etc - to explore in making lace more "visible"...

B. responds - if consumers would 'buy' the idea, then it is certainly a
good avenue of visibility. The personal stamp scheme was tried in Canada a
few years ago. I don't think it was cost effective because I haven't seen
the stickers and brochures for it lately (maybe there's something at the
Canada Post website - my line is slow and I've given up trying to check).
At the Canadian Lacemaker Gazette we did receive one envelope stamped with
a lace creation by the subscriber - for those with back issues, check out
Winter 2001 (back cover, upper righthand corner).

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)