Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy
New Year!!

Is anyone familiar with the program "Pilot Guides" on the OLN?
The traveller, Ian Wright, was in Brazil in this evening's episode.  Just as I
tuned in he said, "And nearby are the famous lacemakers of Burano (sp?).  The
camera focused in on one woman sitting on the ground with an enormous bolster
pillow in front of her in a large basket.  The shape of the pillow was
cylindrical but not as long as the Spanish ones but it wasn't like the German
bolsters either.  She was making a tablecloth and was in the process of making
leaves.  She was using large bobbins with a globe on the end and was working
palms up.  I'm not sure what type of lace she was making but it was being made
with fairly coarse thread, perhaps crochet cotton.  Ian said "It can take a
year to make a tablecloth."  He went on to say that lacemaking was brought
over from Italy but I didn't catch the era.  I wish I had taped the programme
so I could replay it.

Johanna
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.