No, we shouldn't be giving modern lace to the young
and beautiful in our circles of acquaintance.  We
should be teaching them to make their own modern laces
to wear.  It can replace knitting as the "next big
thing that everyone who is anyone is doing".  I
started teaching a college age friend to make lace
today.  While she herself would not tell you she is
trendsetter, I figure she has more access to them (the
trendsetters) and can send them my way to get them
started on the road to lace.

Cathy in Delaware who figures if she teaches enough
people she can make Delaware the first state in lace.

Devon wrote:
Tamara also points out that it is a pity that I am not
rich and famous and  that Julia Roberts' chest
probably gets a lot of attention. This is true. Even
my friend Sarah, who appears in the photo at
Centolire, pointed out that it  should be my daughter,
a natural born trendsetter, who should be wearing
modern  lace if we really want this campaign to take
off, not me. I don't know what to  do about this.
Should we all be giving modern lace to the young and
beautiful in  our circle of acquaintances?

Devon

- -