Well, here I am, back from holidays, so a belated Happy New Year to you all.
I have seriously missed my daily Fix of the Lace List!! I have been wearing my Arachne 2003 t-shirt, so I really Have been thinking of you all!!

I try to wear lace whenever possible - and always to Lace Days, Demonstrations etc. Many years ago, at a Lace Day I did not wear lace, and (the Late) Gabrielle Pond, said she did not recognise me without some lace on! So I made sure I always wore lace after that! Some ladies come up to see what lace I am wearing at each lace day!

4 years ago, when DH and I went to Las Vegas, we were wandering through The Venetian, and DH found the most expensive gift shop, went in and asked for some lace!!! Needless to say, they did not have any, but I explained that they should have, as Venice was noted for it's lace!!! That was after we finally established that we were talking about Lace not lice!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do Americans always think Australians say Lice, not Lace?!! My DH is/was Hungarian, so speaks Oz with a heavy accent, and I speak English/Australian!! But we both say Lace, not lice!!!!!!!!!!!! :))
My DD in Denver can tell of a funny happening when she asked at a bank in Denver for a cheque for the Australian Lace Guild, and it was printed Aust. Lice Guild!!!!!!!! (Don't know what they think we get up to down here!!!!!!!!!!! :)) )

from Liz in Melbourne, Oz, where it is hot and windy today, after we had cool weather all the holiday!!