Tamara wrote:

I think the  last sentence is the most revealing one... You can't make
> BL lying in  bed and talking on the phone to your buddies about your
> enemies and  their pimples :)

This is why I do not consider teaching bobbin lace to the young to be  the
most efficacious way of promoting modern lace. Their role is to wear it and
look great. If they were working away in silent loneliness for the hours it
takes to produce even the smallest piece of lace they would not be on the phone

ferreting out the trendy places to wear it. It takes hours and hours on the
phone to find out where the cool people are.

I myself am severely disabled in trying to find the cool people. I seem to
be taking my cue from old I Love Lucy reruns. I even bought New York Magazine
and Time Out New York in an attempt to find out where the rich and cultivated
hang out. I am thinking that if you have to buy magazines to tell you where
the  cool people are, you are probably not going to find them.

If you want to promote modern lace, pin a piece to a teenager and give  her a
cell phone!

Devon