> We could  say Den Moer instead of 's Gravenmoers maybe?

Those things only happen for big cities. Like we call Paris Parijs en Köln
Keulen, like you call Den Haag "The Hague" but don't translate lesser known
villages. Nobody would understand you with Den Moer. We also have a
neighbouring village Moerkappelle "Chappel in the moor/shwamp". So den Moer
wouldn't distinguish.

> I would like that - I trip over the apostrophe, first off <vbg>

You would trip also over the pronounciation of the sch, only possible by
Dutch, Swiss and Arabs.

> 'schuine' I think would translate to 'diagonal'
> let's call it Schuine Half-Stitch (Torchon) :p

I would stick to Diagonal Half Stitch Torchon, recognisable and pronouncable
for everyone.

Jo Falkink