On Jan 11, 2005, at 9:24, Sue Babbs wrote:

My jacket with the straight version of the design on the pocket was in the exhibition, so I could also send them off to see that.
I have just thought to upload the copper straight version of the pattern, which is on the pocket as mentioned above (commercial pattern). It was while working that, that I had the idea to curve it to make a cuff/bracelet. There is just something so appealing about the spiky fans.

The jacket is very nice but, what with the lace being copper on copper, and a "trim"... Probably, it would take a lacemaker to even notice it, much less appreciate it.

The Blue Moon scarf, OTOH... Oh my!!! What a fantastic use of Cathy Belleville's pattern! I'd seen that pattern (though, naturally, can't track it down, now that I want another look at it <g>), but didn't pay much attention to it, because it was Binche, and I'm not into lace with threads thinner than the scratches on my glasses :) But, as a scarf, in colour, it's *stunning*...

Maybe you should lend it to Devon, to wear to some super-dooper event :) It sure would look brilliant over a black dress, worn as a stole...

What theread did you use to make it? How much did you enlarge the pricking?

For those who paid attention to the jacket only and not to the background...:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/148719591/249126217mYSJbN
or:
http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003-date
then: Sue Babbs, then second page of her album, and it's the 3rd photo...

Gorgeous...
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/