I LOve this. Thanks for posting the pattern. I think I could just about make that. (I am not the greatest tatter in the world, [and do not do much tatting,] and can only work at a fairly elementary level - though I try harder things - when I know I shouldn't!!!)
However, - I don't have picot guages, though I made myself a small one.
How long are the Long Picots? ie, how long are the spiders legs?
Regards from Liz Ligeti