[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Two weeks later when the exhibition was removed, the art
> department staff were very frustrated at not being able to find which of
> their students had painted it so that they could be reunited.

And on a similar line, one of our friends studied engineering at university
level.  At one point the art department had a prestigious competition for
sculpture and 3D "installations".  This was all set up in a public foyer area
ready
for judging the following morning.  Working late, he manufactured a piece
using brass scrap tubing, cogs, radio pieces and other waste materials from
his
department.  It was smuggled into place in the exhibition.

The following day he was called by his head of year, and asked if it was true
that this "thing" was his work.  He grovelled a bit, apologised and offered
to quietly remove it.  But unfortunately that wasn't possible, as he'd won.  I
have seen the piece in question and it is very attractive, if a bit weird,
following the Heath Robertson school of design.

Jacquie