Hi Liz & All,

Well, I wish I could say I was more productive Liz - but only 1 more
pyramid has been completed :(

It is quite frustrating, as the wire tends to break unless you are
REALLY REALLY careful. There is a battle between wanting to keep the
buttonhole stitches quite close together (my natural tension tends to be
a bit too firm) versus the pliability/breaking point of the wire (100
micron, sorry don't have Patty's info re gauge numbers with me here at
work). You know when you kind of get into that "zen" flow, where you
strike the right rhythm and touch, and the stitches seem to appear
without effort? Well that point doesn't come easily with wire <g>.

So instead I have finished my lace census tag and have been playing
around with some hollie point sample squares (as in Catherine Barley's
wonderful NL book), trying out the 3 different methods to produce hollie
point. Guess I'd better try to get some more of the wire reticella
completed before the next lace day!

Jen in overcast Melbourne, Australia.