Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:59:41 -0500
From: Susan Lambiris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [lace] Margaret Simeon's lace collection

Recently I bought an english book, History of Lace, published in 1979 by
Margaret Simeon with illustrations from her own lace collection. Judging
by the photographs she had quite a good collection of lace; does anyone
on the list know what has happened to it since 1979?

With great curiosity,
Sue.

As far as I know the whole collection has been auctioned, by her heir, in 1992 somewhere in England. A little white tag was attached on each of the pieces, and in her handwriting the tag mentioned the kind of lace and period.
She had indeed a fascinating collection of lace and her book is still one of the best in this category. I always wonder what happens with those unique collections, are they always scattered all over the world ?

Magda, from a cloudy and cold Belgium