Hi everyone and Jo who asked:

>Te pictures are vague. I tried to immitate them as shown on
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~falkink/spleten.jpg
>It looks like happy a mutant. Can somebody tell or show me how to do
these?

They are intentional 'holes' based on the spider crossing as Carolina
described. Pins can be used discreetly at the end of a short row to mark
the hole (on either side of the hole, if that makes sense).

I like your happy mutants :) --

bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (on Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)
Cdn. floral bobbins
www.woodhavenbobbins.com