At 03:09 AM 2/24/2005, you wrote:
  I have always worked on the Lace Guild
recommendations (from many years ago, I must admit) of one supplier to each
25 Lacemakers -

Wish...wish...wish....wish.......... We have only ONE general supplier in the Northwest -- a region as big as 5 or 6 Englands. We are always grateful that she is willing to drive 4 hours to bring her stuff to our Lace Days. Of course, she gets lots of business.

In planning for hosting a local lace conference, we can come up with this one supplier, a bobbin painter, a bead person, a romanian point lace person, and the lace video maker. Next we will contact suppliers and bobbin makers at a greater distance to see if any are willing to travel here, or try to arrange for a 'Shop in a Box' from some of them. One of our people will be the sales clerk for the items sent to us in the mail. It's mostly bobbins that come this way. Sometimes a dealer 1000 miles away will come to a conference but we don't count on it in advance. It's a three day drive each way, for a one day sale.

Sometimes it's hard not to turn green with envy when I read about all the lace days and lace fairs across the big water. Be grateful for what you have, and make the most of it. (Hmmmm....maybe I should start a third career and become a supplier. We need someone around here to do it. )

Lace note -- I finished !!!!! the ten-year UFO !!! It's a ten inch round mat. It's just been sitting there, looking at me, all this time. So -- one New Year's resolution is completed!

Also, I just completed a bookmark from a pattern designed by Tonya Little. If she is on this list, please contact me.

Happy lacing,

Alice in Oregon -- where my tree trimmer saw my lace and claims he's coming back in a couple weeks with a check to buy a bookmark and a frog. We'll see if he ever does. I'm not counting on it but if he does, it will be the 3rd frog I've sold.