Gentle Spiders,

This is the last off topic posting - I promise.

Things are definitely looking up :) After 9 days in ICU, Vlad's been moved to some kind of half-way care (not quite "normal" hospital room, but...) today, and they're hoping to release him entirely in another week. For the month following that, he'll need to go back twice-weekly for check-ups and, for the 6-12 months after *that* for monthly ones, but that's as nothing, compared to what we all feared. Apparently, the sudden onset of the disease (like Vlad's) often means equally sudden cessation. And because he's so young, his prospects for the future are much better than those listed on the website; Wegener's usually doesn't hit youngsters, so the data are statistically skewed towards the older population.

Given that a few days ago we didn't know whether he'd live, it sounds totally incredible, but Mary (my stepdaughter and Vlad's mother) says they're planning on his return to school at the end of March, when the school restarts after Easter break; he's expected to be able to resume most activities by then, though he's been told to go easy on sports (which is too bad, since he's more of an athlete than a scholar, but, hey that's a very relative "bad"... <g>)

So now I can go back to working full steam on exploring Rosalibre not just as a way of taking my mind off "things", but with the singing heart the adventure deserves. But I'll keep my toes crossed, just in case... :)

Many, many thanks for all the support I've received from so many of you - the good thoughts, the prayers, the spells - I'm sure all of them helped.
--
Tamara P Duvall http://t-n-lace.net/
Lexington, Virginia, USA (Formerly of Warsaw, Poland)