Well, I am another newbie, with just two bookmarks under my belt.  I am
using a flat block pillow and Midlands spangled bobbins.  I did try the
Honiton bobbins, but they don't behave too well on a flat pillow, LOL.

I did try to learn from books but just faced this huge mental block - what I
read and then tried just didn't look like the photos or anything resembling
lace so i joined the Lace Guild which proved to be the right thing to do,
for me at least.  Unfortunately they meet only once a month and often I come
across a problem well before the next meeting so I either resolve it or have
to wait.  Right now I am stuck with a problem and hope you can help.

I want to make a Torchon miniature shawl which starts on a straight line.
The background is Bucks which I don't have any problems with but I do not
understand how I work the ground on a diagonal when I start from a straight
line.  Can anybody assist?

thanks

Micki
from freezing cold scotland