Good to see that DMC are reviving an old idea.
I have some (very) old skeins of linen floss that I bought years ago from someone who was having a turnout. They are labelled Knox's Linen Floss - size 3. And yes, I have used them for lace, usually as gimps with a more conventional linen thread. As you would expect with floss, they are quite lightly twisted.
You do need to take extra care when winding onto a bobbin from a skein rather than a spool.
I look forward to seeing the new DMC range.

Bridget, in Watford, England, where it was snowy this morning but has all disappeared now.