Sue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brenda Paternoster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Sue Babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] RE:polyester thread
On 7 Mar 2005, at 00:06, Sue Babbs wrote:
I experimented with Madeira's Sulky, figuring that it would be fine in the washing machine, as you can use it for decorative machine embroidery. It was wonderful when it came off the pillow - kept its shape, didn't shrink, had a shine to it, was fairly stiff, but it didn't wash at all well - shrank and puckered (and I absently mindedly treated it like cotton lace and pulled it back into shape and it spilt threads all over the place)Polyester thread: I agree, Pene, try it first. I seem to recall working with some and it was a little stretchy. Same with some of the machine embroidery threads, such as Isofil and I forget the other one.
Madeira don't make Sulky threads, Sulky threads are made by Sulky. Sulky manufacture polyester, rayon, cotton and metalic threads.
http://www.sulky.com/thread/index.shtml http://www.madeira.com/
Brenda http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/paternoster/
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
