Wow! I might "play" over my Easter holiday if my brother's still got his technic lego around :oD I tried looking at the Lace Fairy page about using some sort of pulley system with a bit of string and I couldn't get my head around it at all - it didn't help that if I followed a link to the pictorial description, it appeared to be describing a different method. Unless I was extremely deluded, which is entirely possible.

Randomly, I've just looked at the Lego homepage - for me in the UK, it's cheaper to buy a real winder but I would imagine that it's easier to find a Lego supplier that will deliver to the wilds of Australia or a local toyshop that will order stuff in than it is to order lace bits and bobs.

Hlen