Weronika,

I heartily echo everything that everyone has said
about attending the IOLI Convention.  I've only been
to two, Denver will be my third, and I have been
looking forward to this for the entire year.  I'm
lucky to have an understanding husband who encourages
and makes sacrifices so that I can attend.  I take as
many courses as I can cram into the time alloted.  My
first year I took two bobbin lace courses, one in the
morning and a different one in the afternoon.  They
were different enough that I didn't get confused, and
yet things I learned in each class helped the other
class.  When I got home that year from Ann Arbor, my
husband said that he knew I learned a lot because I no
longer muttered "twist, cross" while making lace.
That week of submersion in lace trained my fingers as
well as my brain.

And how often do we get to spend time with *hundreds*
of other people that have the same passion we do?  I
was so pumped up after Harrisburg last year that even
my family and friends that humor me in my obsession
have looked at my lace in the last year in a new (and
admiring) light.

I may not be able to attend every convention every
year, but if I can afford it, and if there are classes
that excite me (multiple choices this year) then I am
going to make every effort to attend.  Each convention
I've attend has far exceeded my expections and raised
my excitement about lace and trying new things.

Hope to see you in Denver!

Diane Williams
Galena, Illinois USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]