On Mar 15, 2005, at 5:14, Jean Barrett wrote:

I have been having great fun over the last few weeks working the hummingbird patterns from Louise's video.[...]
Now how about a Rosa Libre Video?

VBG; you picked two of maybe 4-5 of my favourite teachers/designers, and both live in the same "neck of woods" :)

I can't *really* answer for Cathy but I'll try, because I know she's snowed under by her "work for a living" job (as opposed to lace).

Her book on the subject - she's corrected and greatly expanded (almost doubled) the book she had us use in the first-ever class on Rosalibre - is at the printers, and I'm greatly looking forward to it. But, as for a video, I doubt it's likely to happen any time in the near future. As far as I can tell, all the Hensel lacemaking videos have been made of *established techniques* - Milanese, Beds, Russian, etc, where people are already familiar with, at least, the *names*.

RL isn't there. Only "as yet", or so I hope, but it may take a while to "arrive", the way Withof Duchesse took a while to register as a separate lace style/technique. This year's IOLI Convention in Denver may be the watershed for it (Cathy will be teaching one 12hr course of it there) but, even if it "takes", I don't see Hensel offering to make a video of it any time soon. If you're impatient (as I am <g>), I'd get the book as soon as its available, and not count on a "Rosalibre lite"; afterall, Colgan has been designing *superb* Milanese (an already recognised technique) in colour for *years*, and even published a book on the subject, before she gained enough recognition for the Henesel to risk making a tape of a pattern...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/