This has left me with a positive feeling about what I can tell people - ok
they aren't going to ask to be taught to make it -

Try taking in a pillow to work on at lunchtime - and then see if they aren't going to want to have a go. Most people are fascinated by the technique, and so impressed by it and the equipment. Make it a pattern where you can let them try parts of it. They will not all want to take it up for themselves, but there may be someone.
Sue