A couple of weeks ago I stowed the seat that was in our hallway, and
replaced it with a bookcase - "It's not as deep as the chair and gives more
room to move around in the hall" was my reasoning to DH. Then I collected up
all the lace books which didn't have a place on the two existing bookcases,
and removed the piles of books in front of other books on the shelves of the
existing bookcases, and filled the new one with my lace and lace related
books (holds about 300). DH looked at it quizzically and I said "Before you
say anything - no I haven't got enough yet!" He said nothing.

Jean in Poole