Hi Jenny -

I have a pillow just like this.  It is really a wonderful pillow.  It is
VERY firm, and would probably last for generations.  In spite of the fact
that the roller is so firm, pins go in quite smoothly.  They don't tip off
to the left or right or some other unintended direction because you have
hit an obstacle in the stuffing.  One of the things I like the most is the
"wedge" brake on the roller.  You simply press the wedge in beside the
roller and you fix the roller at any position you like.  It is quite easy
to adjust backward or forward as you choose.  So many other pillows have
rachets or pin-sets that determine how far you have to move the roller with
each adjustment.

I bought mine (on eBay) quite a few years ago for slightly over $100 (plus
international shipping) and got numerous bobbins and other goodies in the
bargain.  The same pillow is still being made, but to buy one new you'd
expect to pay $300 or more (shipping included).  I believe Holly VanSciver
has recently started selling it in the US.  I got a bargain, the buyer of
this auction got a bargain, and anyone buying one new will not be
disappointed.

Clay

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

sold for £155 and I was wondering why? Is it the rolls royce of pillows?