I have been lurking since October and have learned lots from the
discussion .  Now I will get to meet some of you in person at
Convention in Denver (and many of you will get some of my tatting with
the goodies from the Enchanted Lacemakers of New Mexico).  I'm just at
one year on the bobbin lace, and overwhelmed by the amount of learning
and lacing I'll have to do to be near where I want to be.  My teacher
is of the old school, a full year of torchon to get the basics into
your fingers before you branch out.  But it looks like Flanders is the
next step, as another lacer here is interested in learning it and we
could start together next month.  And we'll see what courses I get in
Denver.  I figure I'll spend Wednesday trying to absorb all that has
gone before and shopping without jostling those who've gone on the
tours.

I thank Robin P. for signing "formerly Pittsburgh" to remind me that
lacemakers are all over and are usually willing to meet with others to
share.  I'm about to spend 10 days being a surrogate parent to my
nephews while my sister does multi-state returns for 15 H&R Block
offices.  So while I'm in Pittsburgh I'll look up the Pittsburgh Lace
Group.   How nice that they have their newsletter online.  Normandy
Blond and Polychrome Slide Lecture ~ April 15th, an evening with Pompi
Parry.  Wow!    And lovely notes from Suzanne Potter and Betsy Sykes
to make me feel welcome.  Then the IOLI Bulletin arrives with an
article on Polychrome just to whet my appetite.

Beth,
in the high desert of Albuquerque, New Mexico

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to