In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Miriam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Noelene,
>
>you are not the only one who can't download the Galician Lace file. I have
>tried several times and got perhaps two pages and then the whole computer
>froze.

Have you checked that there is sufficient space on your hard disk for
the file?

Phil (DH) managed to download it OK for me this morning - it took about
20 minutes - but his comment was that some of the broadband ISPs limit
the size of file you can download, and use slower routes, so this might
be the answer in Noeline's case.

The computer we use generally for email is rather ancient, still on
Windows 95, and so it was a case of dictating the (long) url to him to
type into his (newer) machine. The monitor on the old machine is rather
small of screen, and I noticed that I needed to scroll across to get the
last three or four digits of the first of the two lines the original
message came through in - it made me wonder if anyone who hasn't
succeeded has missed out these three or four digits?

I have just sat and looked through the 286 pages - some very pretty
patterns and variations - now to get him to put it on a CD, hopefully
then I will be able to access it when his machine isn't hogging the
dining table!
--
Jane Partridge