In a message dated 4/12/2005 8:49:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I have  been so frustrated recently by not being able to see the lace worn by
the  cardinals in Rome
No disrespect to the late Pope, but I share your frustration.
How often do we have the opportunity to see such a parade of ecclesiastical
lace? I myself have been scrutinizing the newspaper photos with a magnifying
glass. When you see ecclesiastical lace, such as the excellent alb bottom on
display in Baltimore now, you salivate about what must be hidden in the vaults
 of the Vatican. I have always suspected that the Vatican must have world
class  lace since it has such world class everything.

Last year, Tess and I visited the Palisades Library near here, where one of
the sample books of Marian Powys resides, since Marian herself resided in the
community. The librarian had known Ms. Powys personally and was giving me a
testimonial about her. She mentioned that Marian Powys had identified lace for
 the Vatican! Another clue! I am sure that a thorough exploration of the
Vatican  Lace would be a riveting as the Da Vinci Code. How I wish someone
would
undertake to write it.

Devon
PS. If someone wants to pursue Cardinals and Bishops like the paparazzi, we
could post an album of ecclesiastical lace in the arachne  webshots area. I
can see it now. "Hey Cardinal", snap, snap,  snap.