Gidday all,

-----Original Message-----
<As I said at the start, I've only done one project so far.  People who have
<used this method may have additions or corrections to my comments.  Please
<speak up.

Alice, your description is fantastic, I could not have described it so well.
I do it exactly the same as you have said and it works so well.  I love the
end result and as I hate sewings I much prefer this to the "normal" method
of joining the end to the beginning.

I would only add that yes you do have to be very careful when trimming off
the excess lace after joining - definitely something to do in good natural
light and NOT after a couple of glasses of wine....

It is also a good idea to have a practice first by just making a length of
plain ground, then make it into a loop and join the start to the end.

Mary Niven's Flanders book has a pretty good visual drawing of the pathway
that the stitches should follow - on page 26. I find I still have to refer
to the diagram to make sure I am getting it right.

On the webshots site you can see an example of one of my joins - in the
Flanders edging - because of the way the flash from the camera worked you
can clearly see the thicker line of join.  In real life however it is quite
hard to pick it out.

Michelle
an Aussie living in Suriname