One of the benefits of a thread made specifically for lace.

I too love it. It makes the nicest lace.

Claire, Kent UK
On 15 Apr 2005, at 10:04 pm, Maureen Harvey wrote:

Hi Vivienne and all spiders,
I totally agree with you, I first purchased Finca thread from you at a lace
day after seing lots of your work on show made with same. I have made
several Bucks patterns with it (my favourite) and whenever I have it on a
pillow everyone asks "what thread are you using?" I think it must be the
beautiful sheeny neat finish it gives, it certainly catches the eye.
Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK
----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 6:40 PM
Subject: [lace] the start of Finca

Hi, I thought some of you might be interested in "people power". When we
were
in Spain visiting the Finca factory we were told how it started. The Great
(I
think great) grand father of the family saw how his wife had trouble with
her
sewing threads snapping and causing problems so he spun and made his own
threads. His wife found them very good so he then took them to the local
shops but
no one would take them. They all got thread from the big famous companies
and
were not interested in his. He went home very disheartened but then
decided
he would give his thread away. He took samples to all the ladies groups he
could find and told them to try it. They all loved it. they then went to
the shops
and asked for Finca threads but of course they didn't have it. Then they
approached him and asked for it! Finca (means sort of a small holding
where the
grandfather lived) was born. I know it sound sort of like Aesop Fables but
it is
a true story. I think it's great, Vivienne

KEEP LACING, TATTING, CROCHETING AND EMBROIDERING, VIVIENNE,
BIGGINS

- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]