Hi All,  Sylvie asked about ideas for lace jewelry.  I made a choker
necklace in Battenberg combining gold tape, black tape with
a gold thread in it and black Mettler sewing thread (the only thing suitable
I could get in town immediately).  It looks very nice if I do
say so myself.  It's a fairly geometric design since I'm not too frilly.

It's about an inch wide and I do look good in that style.  However,
a half inch wide (1-1/4 cm) looks great if your neck is not too long.  Some
of the beautiful insertions I've seen you BLers make would
be lovely.  Not very conservation minded but good for Devon's Campaign for
Modern Lace!

I also have a NL flower that I wear on my cotton sweaters.  I've
made a few of those to give away.  I also designed a star for
my Goddaughter who does not seem too flowery to me <G>.
A swoosh or curlicue would make a nice pin too - any thread,
any color.  If you were willing to put a lot of time into the piece
the designs I've seen for Withof would be lovely!

I also wear a lot of scarves, particularly in winter.  How about
a motif on the corner of a scarf.  If you made a triangular scarf
the lace could even float over your skin (in the summer) giving
it more depth.  Or you could sew the lace on to the scarf and
not cut out behind it.

Jane in Vermont, USA where it's 75F (24C - I'd better make
my conversion chart more readable I almost put 162C - no I
don't live on Venus <G>) (I do realize Venus is hotter than that,
just kidding).